Age Range: 6 – 8 years
Grade Level: 1 – 3
Lexile Measure: 650 (What’s this?)
Series: The Last Firehawk (Book 1-11)
Publisher: Scholastic Inc. (November 1, 2022)
- The Ember Stone (September 26, 2017)
- The Crystal Caverns (November 28, 2017)
- The Whispering Oak (March 27, 2018)
- Lullaby Lake (July 31, 2018)
- The Shadowlands (Jan 29, 2019)
- The Battle for Perodia (Jun 25, 2019)
- The Cloud Kingdom (Dec 3, 2019)
- The Silver Swamp (June 2, 2020)
- The Golden Temple (October 20, 2020)
- The Secret Maze (November 2, 2021)
- The Underland (November 1, 2022)
This series is part of Scholastic’s early chapter book line Branches, aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!
About the Author
Katrina Charman was the recipient of the SCBWI British Isles’ Margaret Carey scholarship for fiction in 2013, and in 2014 she was one of the winners of the SCBWI’s Undiscovered Voices competition. Katrina’s first children’s book, the early reader The Ninjabread Man, was published with Franklin Watts (UK) in July 2015. The Last Firehawk is her first early chapter book series. Katrina lives in South East England with her husband and three daughters.
Jeremy Norton is a British illustrator who lives and works in Barcelona, Spain. The Last Firehawk is the first early chapter book series he has illustrated. He works digitally, and aims to convey a childlike sense of wonder through his artwork.